PROTOCOL FOR SEEING PATIENTS DURING COVID19 PANDEMIC
ALL STAFF WILL HAVE PPE: MASK, GLOVES, FACE SHIELDS OR GOGGLES, HEAD COVERINGS (SURGICAL CAP), SHOE COVERS.
N95 MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR PHYSICIANS. PLEXIGLASS SHIELD IS IN PLACE AT RECEPTION AREA.
1. Patients are called before visit to discuss: protocol, the need for on-time arrivals, any risk for recent exposure,
any symptoms of COVID19, the need to handle copays and schedule followup appointments remotely.
2. PATIENTS ARRIVE ON TIME, PRE-SCREENED, HAVING KNOWLEDGE OF OUR PROTOCOL.
3. PATIENTS WILL SEAL UP BELONGS IN PROVIDED BAG
Plastic bags to seal up patient’s belongs (that could be contaminated) just inside the front door.
Patients place coats, purses, hats, packages, scarves and any other apparel that may be a source of contamination into the provided bag. Bag sealed.Patient carries bag with them during the visit. These bags can be reopened after patients leave the office.
Patients should hold on to their glasses, in case we need them.
4. PATIENT IS CONFIRMED TO HAVE MASK AND GLOVES.
If the patient is lacking the proper PPE, mask and gloves are provided. The PPE must stay on throughout the visit until they have left the office.
All visitors wait outside office unless the patient needs them to translate or walk into the office. All required visitors get PPE also if they do not have.
No bathroom usage by patients unless absolutely necessary. After each use of the bathroom, the bathroom is wiped down. Disinfectant wipes will be provided.
5. Patients go directly into a room. No sitting in waiting room. No standing at the reception desk after check-in completed.
6. EXAM COMPLETED IN ONE ROOM. TESTING IN OTHER ROOMS ONLY WHEN REQUIRED.
7. ROOMS ARE COMPLETELY SANITIZED AFTER PATIENT LEAVES ROOM.
8. FRONT DOOR REMAINS OPEN TO PROMOTE AIR CIRCULATION.